HISTORY

History of McCormick Place

stephen gamson dinner at the table with a flower - Copy

The original McCormick Building, built in 1924, was once a US Customs Warehouse, used as a storage facility for confiscated goods and as a look-out post to spot nefarious characters entering Miami via Biscayne Bay and The Miami River. Edward J McCormick Sr. purchased the property in 1970 and dedicated it to his father, Dr. James McCormick. Over the last several years, Sean McCormick has transformed the property into a multifaceted creative space. McCormick Place is now a Class A creative space for artistic studios and creative offices.